We are an independent THIRD-PARTY Support Company and is not affiliated with Brother, HP, Epson, Canon and Lexmark. We offers support for software related issues in Printer, desktops, laptops, Wireless Printer and peripherals. We provide services through our pool of trained specialists and experts who are certified by leading technology companies.
FIX BROTHER PRINTER OFFLINE ISSUE IN WINDOWS AND MAC WITH EASY TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
Brother Printers manufacture some of the robust and foremost printers across the globe. Brother manufactures a wide plethora of printers, suitable for both households as well as official work. Although Brother Printers are quite potent and easy to maintain, with time it might develop some error. One prevalent error that many customers meet is the error Brother Printer is offline. Do not be perturbed if your Brother printer encounters some glitch. Here we will help you resolve this issue by following some simple steps.
Brother Printer Keeps Going Offline
If you are facing a similar issue, don't worry you have visited the right place. Before fixing the issue of brother printer is offline, it is crucial to understand the underlying causes of it. The printer is in an offline state that could allude to either a software or a hardware issue. Some prevalent causes of this error are an issue in the Wi-Fi connection or a fault in the power supply. So before troubleshooting the error, it is mandatory to ensure that the power supply and Wi-Fi connection are operational. To check the same, do as follows:
1.Confirm the printer is turned on
- If the screen of the Brother Printer is black, it means the printer is turned off. Try switching it on if that is the case.
- If you are facing any issue while turning it on, check whether the power supply is working.
- Once the printer is turned on, check for any error messages on the LCD screen. Many times, because of some minor causes like brother printer paper jam, low or empty cartridge could result in the printer being in an offline state.
2.Ensure the printer is connected to the PC
- Check whether the USB connecting the PC and printer is in functional condition.
- You could also try using a wireless mode of connection.
- While using Ethernet, verify the cables in the router are fastened properly. Ensure the PC and laptop are receiving full network.
- Navigate to the Network Configuration page to access the IP Address.
3.Set the Brother printer as default
- Not setting the Brother printer as the default printer might result in this error.
How to change Brother Printer Offline to Online?
The printer in the offline state message would prevent any printing processes, so it is crucial to resolve it to make the printer operational.
How to Fix Brother Printer Offline Windows 10
If you have updated your OS to Windows 10, then chances are your printer might be showcased as offline. When the OS is updated, the brother printer drivers need to be updated as well. In the article, we have provided insights on how to invoke Brother Printer Troubleshooting and resolve the issue.
Method 1: Verify Printer Connectivity
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is ready.
- Ensure the cables are fastened properly to the printer as well as the PC.
- If using a wireless network, confirm whether you are accessing the accurate network and IP address.
- Confirm whether the router has a high speed.
- Try a demo print.
Method 2: Evaluate Printer Status
- Navigate to "Printers and Devices" on Control Panel.
- Right-click on the printer you are using.
- Select the "See what's printing" option.
- Choose the "Set as Default Printer" option.
- If the printer is being displayed as pause, press "Resume printing".
- Run a sample print.
Running a demo print would suggest the issue faced by the printer, and would also suggest whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Method 3: Rectify Paper Jam
- Inspect manually for any paper jam.
- If you find any stuck paper between the rollers, then this was the cause.
- Switch off the printer, and remove it from the power supply.
- Open the printer and dismount the rollers.
- Cautiously remove the stuck paper bits.
- Once it is removed, run a sample print.
If following the above steps was unable to deliver results, please feel free to reach to printer tech support .
How to resolve Brother Printer offline Mac
The printer being in an offline state can be a cumbersome scenario. If you are using Mac, chances are you might not find relevant brother printer troubleshooting steps. Fret not, we are here to provide an easy procedure to fix this issue.
Before troubleshooting, check the power supply, any paper jab, condition of ink cartridges, and network connectivity. Once you have ensured that they are operational, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Click on Apple Menu.
- Navigate to System Preference.
- Select Print & Scan or Printers and Scanners.
- Locate and verify the printer you are using.
- If the AirPrint driver is chosen, then to your MAC add the CUPS driver. To do so, in Printers and Scanners, choose the '+' button.
- Press the Default icon present at the top of the dialogue box.
- Choose your current printer.
- Ensure "XXXXXXX +CPUS" is chosen in the Use list. (XXXXXXX pertains to the model number of the printer)
- Press Add. This would make the printer available in the Printer section.
- Choose Quit System Preferences from Apple Menu.
Following the above-mentioned steps would be beneficial in mending the issue. If the issue continues, feel free to contact Brother technical support team. The team comprises of some the finest experts in their field who would surely resolve any kind of issue.
Just note down our Brother printer Offline support number (817) 442-6637 for USA