Once you connect the HP printer on Windows 10, you shall be prompted to enter the WPS pin printer. Ever wondered what is WPS pin? If you answered yes, you are in the right place. This blog would provide answers related to hp printer WPS pin and also elucidate how to find the WPS pin.
What is a WPS pin?
WPS is a novel technology that lets various devices interact with each other. Using WPS you could establish a secure link between a myriad of devices and one advantage of WPS is that it is faster when compared to USB.
WPS pin is an 8-digit code formulated by the HP printer which helps establish a robust link between the printer and the system. The notable characteristic of this technology is that it is completely secure and filters out all unnecessary connections. WPS is a technology that would be implemented in all printers in near future. So it is becoming essential to know where is the WPS pin located on my hp printer to utilize this phenomenal feature.
Where to find the WPS pin on the hp printer?
Once you understand what WPS is, the next question that needs to be answered is where is the WPS pin on my printer. In some devices, the WPS pin on the printer is visible on the screen. The printer models HP Officejet 4650, HP envy 4520 have this property. If the printer has a screen, it becomes easy to locate the WPS pin.
How do I locate the WPS pin on my hp printer?
To find the WPS pin you just have to do as follows:
- Switch on the printer.
- Open the control panel of the printer and select the Wireless icon.
- The Wireless icon starts blinking blue. If yes, follow the next step.
- On the screen visit the Wi-Fi protected setup console and choose WPS Pin.
- A WPS Pin shall appear on the screen. It is important to note that this WPS pin shall be operational only for 8-10 seconds. Once this time elapses, you need to generate the WPS pin every time.
- Simply enter this WPS pin to establish a hefty link between the printer and the system.
Some printers have the WPS button located at the backside of the router. You could also use it to connect the printer to the router. To make use of the WPS button, simply:
- Navigate to the Wireless setup after clicking on the Control Panel.
- Select the Wi-Fi protected setup option.
- Locate the WPS button at the backside of the router. Press and hold it for 5 seconds.
- Once the WPS light starts blinking, it means the link is being established.
- Halt for 3-4 seconds till the light on the router and printer stops blinking.
- You shall receive a message “Connection established” on the printer screen. It would mean that the printer is connected to the wireless network.
The WPS pin method is a very quick and beneficial mode of connecting the printer to the system.
At times people have this query is the WPS pin the WIFI password? The simple answer is no. The WPS stands for Wireless Protected Setup which helps establish a link between the system and the printer. Once the user finds the WPS PIN, he or she can locate the WPA2 password as well. The WPS pin helps to access the Wi-Fi pin but they are not the same.
If you still have any pending and unanswered queries related to the WPS pin, feel free to contact the HP Printer Support team.