This blog shall enlist the procedure for Canon printer setup.
Printers are an essential device when it comes to comfort and easy on the pocket. From giving us a platform to explore our creative sides to helping us consolidate our memories by printing pictures, from carrying out a gamut of office tasks to helping us fill forms, there are a plethora of tasks that the printers accomplish. It is established that possessing a printer is crucial, but what about the printer brand? A printer buyer would be met with a huge variety of choices to pick from. It is important to invest in a good printer and Canon is one of the best printers to choose from. Before using the printer, it is mandatory to set it up.
If you are facing any issue while Canon wireless printer setup, you can rely on this blog to find ways to mitigate it as well.
How to do Canon printer setup?
There are various methods for Canon printer wireless setup. Depending on which procedure works for you, you can implement it.
Also Read:: How To Fix printer In Error State
Wireless Canon printer setup procedure
The setup procedure establishes a connection between the printer and the system. To set up the wireless canon printer, there are 2 methods.
WPS Setup Connection Method:
This method is utilized for Mac as well as Windows. You can spot a WPS button on the router and if you find it, then you can follow the procedure.
- Ensure the Canon printer is in the vicinity of the router.
- Press the Wi-Fi button till the light is lit.
- After 2 minutes, tap the WPS button.
- Once the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi, the light will be stable.
- After the connection is established, try printing a demo print to check whether the printer is functioning adequately.
Canon Standard Connection Method:
If you do not have a WPS button, you can use this method for Canon printer setup. This method works even if you have a WPS button on your router.
- Connect the printer to the network.
- Feed the paper in the tray.
- Ensure the printer is getting an adequate power supply.
- Also, confirm if the drivers are updated or not.
- Verify the speed of the printer and establish a connection between the router and printer.
After ensuring all these steps are carried out properly, your printer will be ready to use. If you are meeting with Canon printer offline error, then execute these steps again.
How to set up the Canon printer without WPS?
If your printer has a screen you can implement the following methods:
- Press the home icon.
- Navigate to network setup followed by wireless setup. Depending on the printer model the settings may change so choose an option similar to it.
- Select your network from the list of networks in the vicinity.
- Enter the password.
- Wait till the connection is ascertained. Once done, be assured your printer setup is done.
Points to keep in mind while setting up the Canon printer:
Before starting with how to setup canon Pixma mg2922 wireless printer, it is important to keep in mind the following points:
- Ensure your printer is connected to the power source.
- Verify whether all connections of the printer are firm.
- Stack the paper trays with an adequate amount of paper.
- Check the level of ink in the cartridges.
- Also cross-check whether the system has an operational and accurate Canon printer driver.
Canon Printer Setup For Windows OS
Once your printer is connected to the network, the next step consists of connecting the printer to the system. If you are a Windows user, then follow the steps given below:
- Tap Start and navigate to settings.
- Select devices, followed by printers and scanners.
- Click on Add printer option. This shall add the printer.
- Ensure the system is connected to the same network.
Once these steps are carried out, you shall be ready to use the printer. If you are facing any issues even after following these steps, the easiest Canon printer troubleshooting procedure is to restart the procedure.
Canon Printer Setup For Mac OS
If you are a Mac user, then the steps for connecting your Canon printer to the OS is as follows:
- Tap System Preferences and click Printers and Scanners.
- Under the section, press the ‘+’ icon.
- You shall find all the printers that can be connected. Among them, locate your Canon printer and select it.
- If using a wireless printer, verify the computer and the printer are connected to the same network.
- Conduct a test print to see if the printer is operating adequately.
In case you face any issue or hindrance while adopting these steps, reach out to Canon printer customer support. I hope this article helps!