If you have recently purchased a wireless Epson printer, the initialization procedure includes connecting it to the Wi-Fi. While setting up the wireless connection, many users face the Epson Printer WiFi Setup Failed error. This error is pretty common and usually alludes to some technical glitch that hindered the connection.
Some prevalent causes behind Epson printer wifi setup failed windows 10
The primary reasons why my Epson printer won’t connect to wifi ‘setup failed’ message pops up includes:
- Faulty Wifi connection
- Inaccurate network settings
- Invalid SSID or password
- Firmware conflict
- Security reasons
Quick steps to fix Epson printer xp30 not connecting to wifi setup
- Ensure you have placed the printer in the vicinity of the WiFi.
- Confirm the password and SSID (network name) are accurate. Inaccurate entry can result in the Epson printer not connecting to the wifi setup failed issue.
- Reboot the router and printer and check if the problem is solved or not.
If these steps don’t seem efficacious, it is recommended to peruse and implement the Epson printer troubleshooting steps mentioned below.
How do I link my Epson printer to wifi after it has failed the IP setup check?
Restart the wireless facility
If your SSID is not getting displayed during the setup, it could allude to the fact that the Epson printer is unable to connect to the WiFi. To fix it, do as follows:
- Turn off the wifi. Halt for a minimum of 6 seconds before turning it on.
- Now place the printer in the vicinity of the Wifi.
- Ensure that the Wireless Broadcasting is not disabled on the wireless router.
Also Read:: Epson Printer Firmware Reset
Verify the Security Password
At times, in haste, people enter the wrong passwords which is the prevalent cause of the Epson printer wifi setup failed problem. Usually, capital letters and spaces cause this issue. You must enter the password as it is including capital letters and spaces, or the printer won’t connect.
Reset the network settings
To do the same:
- Switch on the Epson printer and wait till it is initialized.
- Using the arrow keys select Setup.
- Choose ‘Default Restore Settings’ and tap ok.
- Next, pick the ‘Reset Network Settings’ option and click Ok.
- When the confirmation window appears press Yes. Voila, your network settings are reset.
Reset WiFi Router
At times, any glitch in the Wifi router can also result in the wifi setup Epson issue. So in order to mitigate this glitch, reset the WiFi router and then establish the connection.
These were some of the steps required to overhaul this Epson printer wifi setup failed problem. In case of any further issues, feel free to dial the Epson printer customer service number.