The reset hp printer to factory settings is usually the last retort to these issues but an efficacious one. At times resetting the printer is a click away and some methods may require some technical adroitness. Given beneath are ways stating how to reset HP printer, including different aspects of the printer.
Printers are an amazing discovery and everything is good until they develop some kind of errors. Inability to print, a glitch in the network, paper feed error, and many more can occur anytime. These errors will cease the printing functions. Easiest HP printer troubleshooting solution to this problem: reset the printer.
How to reset hp printer to factory settings
Factory Reset the HP is an effective troubleshooting procedure to mitigate various kinds of printers issues. This procedure won’t influence the language or paper settings. To restore the printer to factory settings, do as follows:
- Switch off the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord and halt for 30 seconds.
- Once the time elapses, refasten the cord.
- Press and hold the Resume button for 10-20 seconds and simultaneously switch on the printer.
- The light adjacent to the Attention option shall lit up.
- Let go of the resume button. This shall finish the hp printer hard reset.
Procedure for HP printer password reset
- Tap the Home icon on your printer.
- Using the arrow keys, select Setup.
- Choose Network.
- Locate the Restore Network Defaults option, select it.
- Tap Yes.
- Wait until the procedure is implemented.
- Now navigate to the control panel on your system.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right-tap on the printer you are using.
- Pick Properties.
- Select the Password option.
- Type your new password and save the changes.
This process will do hp printer password reset. If you Need Instant help contact our hp printer support team
Method for HP printer out of paper reset
If an error pertaining to ‘Out of paper’ erupts, you could do as follows to overhaul that issue.
- First, ensure there isn’t any paper in the paper tray.
- Make it a point to remove any kind of hampered paper like torn or damaged paper.
- Confirm there aren’t any paper jams.
- Carefully place the stack of paper in the correct orientation on the paper feeder.
- Push the paper tray.
- Now reset the printer. To do the same, simply switch off your printer and disconnect the power cord.
- After waiting for a couple of seconds, refasten the cord to the source outlet and printer.
- Then turn on the print to restore the printer and enjoy printing without any hindrances. Some printers have a hp printer ink cartridge secret reset button on the rear side of the printer. Even that could be pressed to reset the printer.
How to reset hp deskjet
To reset the HP deskjet :
- Turn off the printer and dismantle all kinds of cords.
- Remove the power cord from the source.
- Wait for half a minute to a minute before connecting the cord to the printer and the wall socket.
- Once you connect the power cord, turn on the printer.
- Voila, your printer is reset.