If you are bugged by the ‘Printer Maintenance Required’ message on your printer although your printer is working fine, then it’s time to factory reset Epson printer to get rid of that message. There are 3 ways how you can reset the Epson printer. This blog shall talk in length about all these 3 procedures. Resetting the printer to factory settings is efficacious in resolving a multitude of error codes including the Epson printer not printing So if you are in mayhem due to any kind of Epson error code, you can try resulting your printer and check whether it is effective.
How to reset Epson printer to factory settings
Method 1: Utilizing the control panel on the printer
In order to evoke Epson printer reset using the control panel on the printer, do as following:
- Tap the Home button on the printer and it shall launch the control panel.
- Using the arrow keys, navigate to the setup option. Once you reach that menu, tap Ok.
- Find Restore Default settings and choose Ok.
- You can also pick Restore Network Settings by making use of the arrow keys. Select ok.
- Once done, restart the system. This shall reset the Epson printer to factory settings.
Also Read: Epson Printer Error T6710
Method 2: Making use of the Reset button
At the rear side of every Epson printer, there is a reset button. Tapping that lets you reset the printer. If you want to use that button to reset epson printer, follow this method.
- Turn off your printer.
- Using a pin tap and hold the reset button.
- Hold it for at least 5 seconds and let go of the button once a warning page is printed.
- After a couple of seconds, another page containing the IP address. Keep hold of it as you would require the IP address to reconfigure the printer to the system.
This method is often executed within a minute and hence, is the most used procedure for Epson printer firmware reset.
Method 3: Using Epson Adjustment Program
If the buttons on your printer aren’t fully functional, then this method comes in handy. This method may be a little time-consuming but is effective.
To execute this method, you have to:
- Download and install the latest version of this tool.
- Launch this wizard on your system.
- Make the required selections.
- Under the select menu, choose the port your printer is connected to and also the number on your printer.
- Tap Ok.
- Choose the Waste Ink Pad Counter choice under the Maintenance tab.
- Choose Ok.
- Select the Initialize option present usually in the bottom right corner.
- Tap Finish to complete the Epson printer reset.
- Restart the printer to implement the changes.
Also, if you wish to execute the Epson cartridge reset procedure, simply open the access door of your printer and replace the older cartridges with new ones. Once done, close the door. Restart the printer and it shall be done. You can also use the printer cartridge reset tool for the same.
In case of any pending queries, feel free to contact the Epson printer support team. I hope this helps.