The printer in error state may appear due to a variety of issues. In order to rectify this glitch, it is advisable to change the port settings and see whether the issue is fixed or not. Some other procedures could be implemented to rectify this prevalent error. Read further to get a deep understanding of how to fix the printer in an error state.
Why is my printer in an error state?
The message ‘Printer in error state’ alludes to an issue with the printer. It is a very common issue that perturbs users. Some easy methods to mitigate this issue include:
- Verifying whether the printer is turned on and connected to the Wi-fi. If not, then ensure to connect the printer to the wi-fi.
- Confirm the level of ink in the cartridges is adequate.
- Inspect for any paper jams.
- Lastly, ensure the cover of the printer is fastened.
How do I fix printer status errors?
You can fix the printer status error by doing the following:
Editing the port settings
- Tap Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
- Tap View and choose “Show hidden devices”.
- Right-click on Ports (COM & LPT) and choose “Properties”.
- Navigate to the port settings tab and select Use any interrupt assigned to the port.
- Click the enable legacy Plug and Play detection and select Ok.
- Restart the system and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
How do I fix printer errors?
Printer error is a common issue and some steps that could be executed to fix the printer error include:
- Changing the port settings
- Verifying whether the printer is online or not
- Reinstalling the printer driver
- Setting the printer spooler services to automatic
- Updating your OS
How To Fix Hp Printer Error state?
The HP printer in error state can be resolved by doing the follows:
- Evoking the troubleshooter.
- Inspecting whether the printer is connected to the wi-fi or in case of a wired printer, ensuring the cords and cables are operational.
- Ensuring the paper is loaded in the tray.
- Reconnecting the printer to the system and reinstalling the printer driver.
How To Fix Epson Printer Error state?
To fix Epson in error state
- Inspect whether all the connections of the Epson printer are firm.
- Update or reinstall the Epson printer driver.
- Evoke the troubleshooter.
How To Fix Canon printer Error state?
If you have a Canon printer and want to overhaul the error state message, do as following:
- Rectify the port settings.
- Re-establish all the connections and restart the printer.
- Update your system and your printer driver.
- Also, check whether the printer is online, if not then bring it to an online state and verify whether the issue is resolved.
How To Fix Brother Printer Error state?
The Brother printer in error state is a common issue and to mitigate it, you just have to:
- Try switching the printer spooler services to automatic.
- Uninstall the driver and re-install the correct one.
- Stack adequate paper in the tray.
- Evoke the troubleshooter and also update your Windows.
No matter which printer you possess, following these steps shall fix the printer in an error state. In case, an issue exists, reach out to our printer support team. I hope this article helps!