The printer not recognizing a cartridge is a very common issue faced by users. Printer cartridges need to be replaced whenever the level of ink is low or when the installed cartridges are faulty. Also, a lot of troubleshooting methods include ink cartridge replacement as a potential solution. If you are facing an HP printer cartridge error and need insights about it, you are in the right place. This blog throws light on how to resolve an HP Printer Not Recognising Compatible Cartridges error.
Compatible cartridges can be defined as any cartridge that is authentic and manufactured by original manufacturers. At times even when you install an authentic cartridge, still, it wouldn’t be recognized by the printers.
Also Read:: Epson Printer Won’t Print
Reasons why HP printer cartridge error occurs:
Some reasons why this printer error happens is because:
- When the internal memory isn’t restored.
- The protective strips are taken out.
- The chip is injured
- HP cartridges protective sheet not removed
- Ink cartridges installed in inaccurate slots.
HP printer troubleshooting Steps how to override HP printer cartridge error:
The primary reason why an authentic cartridge is deemed incompatible is due to a problem in resetting the internal memory. To reset the internal memory you can do as follows:
- Pull out the new cartridges and place the old ones in their slot. Leave it there for 10 minutes.
- Substitute the old cartridges with new ones. Doing till step shall resolve this error. If the issue exists, follow the next steps.
- Detach the cartridges.
- Switch off the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the outlet. Leave the printer in this state for ten minutes.
- Connect the power cord to the outlet.
- Lodge the cartridges in the correct slot.
- Press the power button to switch on the printer.
The above-mentioned steps shall be beneficial to resolve how to override the hp printer cartridge error as well. Simply follow the above steps to replace the empty cartridges and in case of error, follow them.
If there is an issue that persists, do not hesitate to dial our HP printer helpline number. I hope this article helps!