You were busy printing out the document required for your presentation tomorrow, and out of the blue the message “Printer is in error state”. Can be pretty vexatious, right? Fret not, the printer in an error state HP can be easily resolved by just executing a few methods. You can also mitigate this issue while chatting with HP Printer Technical Support. If you want to try your hands and resolve the issue by yourself, read on to know more.
What does the HP printer in an error state mean?
HP is a world-renowned brand, making some prolific printers that are in the market. Although HP printers are sturdy, they might encounter some issues. The HP Printer in an error state can spring up owing to myriad reasons like driver being corrupted, an issue with ink, printer being disconnected, the printer being jammed or the printer lead being open. When the HP Printer in an error state message sprouts, it hinders the print commands to reach the printer. The unfastened USB or some error in OS are the main propellants of the HP printer error state.
To fix HP Printer in Error State
Method 1: Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers
Usually uninstalling and reinstalling the HP printer drivers can be efficacious in removing the HP printer in error state message. The steps for it are
- Open control panel.
- Select Devices and Printer.
- Right-click on the HP printer you are using> select Remove Device and confirm it.
- Restart the PC.
- After the system reboots, it would detect the printer and install it. If the printer is not detectable, remove the cable, and fasten it again.
Method 2: HP printer Troubleshooting
To evoke the HP printer Troubleshooting function, do as follows:
- Verify the power supply to the printer is fastened properly.
- Ensure the USB connection (for wired printers) and Wi-fi connection (for wireless printers) is adequate.
- If the above criteria are met, download the HP printer troubleshooting program and install it.
- Thereafter, if the issue persists, the probable reason is Driver. To tackle the issue related to a driver,
- Click on start.
- Select ‘, Device Manager’.
- Expand the printer’s option and locate the printer in use.
- Right-click on the located printer, and select ‘Update Drivers’.
Method 3: The printer is in Offline State
The HP printer error state might emerge due to the printer being in an offline state. To make the printer online,
- Select Start> Control Panel.
- Choose Devices and Printer
- Check whether the printer you are making use of us shows Ready. If so, it means the printer is online.
- If not, then right-click the printer you are using, and select ‘Use printer online’.
Method 5: Using Print Spooler
- Press Windows + R.
- Type services.msc and click enter.
- Scroll down and choose the print spooler service by double-clicking on it.
- Confirm whether the services are started and the default setting is Automatic.
- If not, then make the setting to automatic, and start the service.
- Click on Recovery Tab, modify the first failure option to “Restart the service”.
- Choose the apply option.
The above-mentioned methods are some effortless procedures that can be utilized to resolve the HP printer in error state. Even after going through these steps, the printer is in error state HP persists, feel free to contact HP Printer Technical Support. I hope the article helped provide some fixes to the printer in error state hp.