Why is my Epson printer offline?
Every printer user faces an offline issue at least once while using their devices. Epson printer offline is a common issue and this blog would talk about the probable causes of this error and how to fix it.
If your Epson printer says offline, the common reasons for the same are as follows:
- Connectivity issue between your Epson printer and device
- Printer spooler issue
- Archaic drivers
- Some other hardware or software glitch
Below mentioned are ways to fix this issue.
Epson printer offline error and how to get online
Epson printer keeps going offline is a prevalent issue and can be rectified by following some easy steps. We gave mentioned procedure to fix this issue on Mac as well as windows. So based on your OS, do the needful.
Epson printer offline windows 10
If you are facing an offline error in the Epson printer on Windows 10, you can execute the procedure written below to overhaul your problems.
Epson printer offline, how to turn online windows 10
Disable use printer offline setting
- Restart your Epson printer.
- Ensure it is connected to the system.
- Access your computer as the admin
- Open the run prompt and visit the control panel
- Select devices and printers.
- Right-tap on your Epson device and select what’s printing
- Click on use printer offline to remove the mark
- Now the printer is online.
Delete pending print jobs
- In the windows search, type services.msc
- Right-click on spooler and choose properties
- Type %windir%\System32\spool\PRINTERS in the windows search bar
- Delete all the files
- Restart the spooler and close the window
Ensure your printer is set as default
- Visit devices and printers on the control panel
- Right-click on your printer and select Set as default
- You would now notice a green tick mark adjacent to it
Update your drivers and check the connection
Epson printer offline issue also stems due to obsolete drivers and faulty connections. To ensure your drivers and up to date. Also, inspect the connectivity of your printer, and if loose, tighten it.
Epson printer offline mac
Faulty settings or loose connections are the primary cause of offline errors in Mac. If you are a Mac user, the Epson printer offline fix is given below.
Epson printer offline how to turn online mac
Reset Apple MAC ‘Print Settings’ Option
- Click on the Apple menu and select system preferences
- Visit printer and scanner section
- Right-tap on your Epson printer and select Reset Printing System
- Type your Mac credentials and hit Ok
- Once it is complete, click the + icon to add the printer
- Thereafter your printer shall be back online
Removing extra printers on Mac system
Another Troubleshooting Epson printer method is by removing any extra printers on your device. The process for the same is as follows:
- Visit Apple Menu>System and Preference>Printer and Scanners
- Remove all other printers by tapping the – sign
- Set the Epson printer as the default printer
- Restart the printer and your issue shall be resolved
In this blog, we have mentioned procedures to resolve the offline error in Epson printers on Mac as well as windows. If you still face the problem, then feel free to contact our Epson support number.