Printers have become an essential part of our lives and owning a good quality printer is of prime importance. But what if you have given an important print command and you encounter an “Epson printer driver is unavailable” error. If you feel frustrated, it is completely understandable but this blog shall help fix that error.
Causes for the Epson printer driver is unavailable error
The Epson printer says driver is unavailable issue alludes to a problem with your printer driver. The printer driver acts as a mediator between your system and your printer. This issue can also emerge when your operating system isn’t updated. Faulty connections or loose connections can also result in this glitch.
If you are battling this error code, you needn’t worry as this article shall enlist ways how to overhaul the Epson printer driver is unavailable issue.
Also Know About::Why Is my Epson Printer not printing
How to mitigate the Epson printer that says the driver is unavailable error?
Reinstall the Epson printer drivers
If your printers by any chance lost or incurred some issues in the drivers, then this issue shall bug you. The easiest solution is to reinstall them. To reinstall them, do as follows:
- Tap Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers > Device Manager.
- Press Print queues.
- Locate your printer and right-tap on it and select ‘Uninstall device’.
- Once done, reinstall the updated and correct drivers.
- Update Windows
Also Read:: Brother Printer Drivers
Another major cause of this issue is the obsolete operating system. To update your OS,
- In the search bar of your Windows, enter “Update”.
- Select Windows Update from the list.
- This shall initiate an automatic updating process.
- Once it is over, restart the system. Print a demo to check whether the Epson printer driver is unavailable windows 10 issue is fixed or not.
- Re-connecting the printer
- Dismantle all the cords of the printer.
- Reconnect the cords. This shall automatically detect the printer.
- In case it doesn’t show up, tap Start > Settings > Devices > Add a Printer or Scanner. This shall detect the printer and once the connection is established, the issue shall be resolved.
In case the above methods don’t seem effective, a safe choice is to reach out to the Epson support number. You can talk about your queries and issues to the team and be assured that they shall resolve them at the earliest.