Brother is a renowned Japanese printer brand popular for its potent technology. Brother provides a gamut of printers delectable to every requirement. To print any important document from the computer or to give wings to your creativity, it is significant to connect your Brother printer to your computer or laptop. It is crucial to be extra careful while establishing a link between the system and printer, as any inaccuracy may hamper the printing processes. The link between the system and the printer can either be using wired or wireless. This blog expounds on the answer to ‘How to connect Brother printer to a computer‘. Read further to understand the accurate way to connect a system and the printer, and keep glitches at bay.
Some points to keep in mind before going ahead with the process:
- Ensure that the computer and the printer are in the vicinity of each other.
- Verify the USB cable is functioning properly.
- Confirm whether the Wi-Fi is working properly or not and pen down the SSID (Wi-Fi name) and the password.
- Check whether you have the latest version of Brother printer driver installed on your system.
How to connect Brother Printer to the computer
There are 2 modes to connect the printer to your system: either using a USB cable or a wireless network.
How to connect Brother Printer to a computer with cable:
- The first step in this procedure is to download the Brother printer drivers by visiting the official website of Brother.
- Based on your printer model and system specifications, select the correct drive.
- You shall be further prompted to choose the OS and language, and once done, download it.
- After the download is complete, restart the system.
- Connect the Brother printer to the laptop using the USB cable.
- Turn on the printer and wait till the system recognizes the printer.
How to connect Brother printer to computer using a wireless network
- Switch on the printer and the router.
- Navigate to the Network section by clicking the menu icon.
- Select WLAN, followed by Setup Wizard.
- Pick a wireless network.
- Locate your network among the list of networks and enter the password.
- Voila, your printer is connected to the wireless network and you can give print commands to your Brother printer.
What do if Brother printer won’t connect to a computer?
This issue is pretty prevalent and some Brother printer troubleshooting steps to resolve it as follows:
- Check the firewall settings. At times, the firewall might prevent the connection.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers.
- Update your OS.
The above steps shall help establish a link between the printer and the system. However, in case any issue persists, reach out to Brother printer phone number for resolution of issues.