Table of Contents
To get supreme print quality and as a routine maintenance procedure, it is important to replace ink. In this blog, we shall provide easy and effective ways for how to Change the ink in Canon printers.
If you are a printer owner, then you already might be aware of how important or unavoidable changing ink is. You need to replace the ink or cartridges when the ink level is low. If you own a Canon printer, this blog shall provide you with a step-by-step procedure to change the ink in Canon printer. Just follow it and enjoy undisrupted printing.
How to Change the Ink in Canon Pixma Printer?
If you possess a Canon Pixma Printer and by any chance, the ink levels are low, you need to change the ink. It is always recommended to execute the procedure with precision. The procedure is quite simple and if you are seeking the correct procedure, then here you go.
Before starting the procedure, keep these things in mind:
- Always employ a novel cartridge instead of older ones to eradicate the clogging problems
- Place the new cartridge immediately after you remove the old one
- Use a soft white cloth to wipe the cartridges clean
- Avoid exposing the new cartridge to open air after removing its packing
- Also, always check the date of the cartridges
Steps to Change Canon Printer Ink Cartridge:
- Carefully eject the access door of the printer and remove the old cartridges
- Now carefully remove the packing material and tape of the new cartridges
- Thereafter, carefully place the new cartridges and lock them
- After the cartridge is installed properly, the light will flash
- Halt for a few seconds until the light becomes steady
- Once it is done, you can try a demo print and see if the printer is working
How to change ink in Canon printer
If your printer has stopped working due to low levels of ink, then the immediate solution is to put ink in the cartridge. The detailed procedure is as follows:
- To begin with, ensure the printer is turned off and all cords are disconnected from the printer
- Now, remove the paper stack from the tray
- Thereafter, open the door and check the empty cartridges
- Then push it down to remove it
- You can fill the ink in the empty cartridges. However, ensure you use authentic ink while filling the cartridges
- Now place it in the correct slots.
- Switch on the printer and see if it is functioning properly.
How to change the ink cartridge in Canon printer
- First, open the access door and push down the cartridges to release them.
- Then you need to remove the tape from the new cartridge
- Insert it in the correct slot
- Halt till the cartridge goes to the resetting position
- Try a demo print and see if the printer is working properly.
How to Override the Low Ink Warning in Windows PC?
To override the ink levels on Windows 10, do as following:
- Press Start > All apps.
- Tap the printer icon.
- Navigate to the configuration, utility, or tools tab.
- Spot the ‘Estimated ink level ‘ option and click on it.
- Choose ‘Do not show me low ink level warnings’ and press Ok.
In case any issue lingers, please reach out to the Canon printer support number.