Canon printer offline issue is a common issue that bugs users. This issue although not a major issue yet requires immediate fixing as this error would halt all print jobs. If you are facing this error on your Canon printer, you can take a sigh of relief. This blog shall talk about the probable causes of this error and how to fix it.
Why is my Canon printer offline?
The Canon printer offline state when the printer stops receiving any commands from the system. The potential causes of this error are:
- Inaccurate default settings: Faulty default settings can cause this problem. So it becomes important to ensure your default settings are accurate.
- Enable use printer in the offline state: When the use printer in the offline state isn’t disabled, this error might sprout.
- Error in printer spooler: A glitch in the printer spooler may cause this issue.
- Faulty paper feeding: When the paper being fed into the printer doesn’t match the specifications or isn’t in the accurate orientation, then this error may appear.
- Connectivity issue: When the computer and the printer aren’t connected properly, again this issue arises.
- An issue with the USB: If there is some issue with the USB cord then also this error might occur.
How to change Canon printer from offline to online?
The troubleshooting steps for the Canon printer offline error include the following steps. To begin, verify the connection between your printer and the system. Ensure that the connection between your printer and system is firm. The connection can either be wired or wireless. Thereafter, implement these steps.
- Verify ‘Canon printer set as default printer’ setting
If the default settings are improper, then the offline error state in the canon printer may appear. To set your Canon printer as the default printer, do as follows:
- Navigate to Control panel on your system and select ‘Devices and printers ‘.
- Choose your Canon printer among the list of printers and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Set as default option.
- Once this setting is applied, you will see a green tick mark adjacent to the Canon printer.
- Disable the ‘Use printer offline’ setting
Also Read:: How do i troubleshoot canon printer
Execute the method mentioned below to revoke this option.
- Restart your printer.
- On your system, visit Devices and printers.
- Locate your printer and right-click on it. If you see a green mark on it, then select the ‘What’s printing’ option. If you witness a gray mark on the printer then set the printer as the default printer.
- Now select the printer option and deselect both the options ‘use canon printer offline’ and ‘Pause Printing’. This shall bring your Canon printer back to the online state.
- Verify the print spooler option is enabled
If your print spooler setting is disabled then you will incur the printer in offline state error. To turn it on,
- In the run prompt type ‘services.msc’. Tap enter key.
- From the list, seek the Print Spooler option. Once you do find it, confirm if the ‘running mode’ is turned on. If not, then right-click on this option and select ‘Start’.
- If you want to restart this setting, then right-click and select restart.
- Right-click on this setting and select properties.
- Update drivers
Obsolete drivers are another reason that may cause this problem. To update the drivers,
- Open the run prompt and type ‘devmgmt.msc’.
- Expand the print queue option.
- Select your printer model and right tap on it. Choose the update driver option.
- Choose ‘Search automatically’ and that shall update your drivers.
These steps shall resolve the Canon printer offline state problem. In case of any existing issues or doubts, reach out to the Canon printer support phone number.