Owning a printer in today’s digital world has become a necessity. From submitting hardcopies of an e-form to submitting assignments, there is a range of tasks that printers accomplish. So it is established that we need a printer, but the question boils down to the fact which one? The market is filled with several printer brands, but one brand that stands out is Canon. The sleek design, ease of use, and affordability make it a top-notch brand. However, with extended usage and passage of time, Canon printers may encounter issues. One such issue is the Canon printer error e59.
If you are facing this error, this blog is for you. Here we shall talk about what is the error and how to mitigate it.
What is Canon printer error e59?
The error code e59 on the Canon printer is a prevalent glitch and occurs when there is a discrepancy between the paper settings of the printer and the properties of the actual paper being feed into the printer. The good news is that just by following a few steps you can resolve this issue.
Why does error e59 occur on printer?
As stated above, the primary cause of this issue is when the paper settings fed into the printer do not match with the features of the paper set in the printer. This error can also happen if the firmware is obsolete or due to some internal issues. Whatever the cause of this error is, given below are ways to solve it.
How to fix Canon printer error e59?
Given below are methods for Windows and Mac OS. Follow the procedure depending on the operating system of your computer.
Fix error e59 in Windows
- Check the printer settings by tapping the windows icon and navigating to printers and devices.
- Inspect the settings and check if it is similar to the paper you are feeding into the system.
- If there is a difference, alter the settings.
- Once done, save the changes.
- Conduct a sample print and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Fix error code e59 in Mac
The troubleshooting of Canon printer for error e59 in Mac are as follows:
- Tap on the apple icon and visit the printer settings.
- Confirm the printer settings and ensure they match with the paper you are feeding.
- Once checked, save the changes and try a sample print.
- If the settings are analogous with the actual paper, the issue shall be mitigated.
The above-stated procedures are effective in overhauling the issue. In case the issue persists, reach out to Canon printer customer service. I hope this helps to fix the canon printer error e59 !