Table of Contents
Millions of people use Canon printers globally. As they provide phenomenal prints, they are ideal for home as well as professional work. However, with prolonged use, they m ight face issues. Canon Printer Error 5100 is a prevalent error. It alludes to a problem with cartridges. If you are facing this problem, this blog shall help you provide ways to resolve this issue.
What Is Canon Pixma error code 5100?
Many reasons can result in this issue. However, leaving any remnant tape or alien object is the most common issue.
Symptoms of Canon printer 5100 error
- Not able to print documents
- An orange color light flickers
- Power lamp flashes
- The strip appears dirty
- Ink cartridge get displaced
How do I fix a Canon printer error 5100?
Inspect the printer
The first step to resolve this problem is to open your printer and thoroughly examine for any leftover packing material
This is the most common reason. If you find any, gently remove it.
Inspect for paper jam
- Open the cover
- Now, Carefully inspect for any paper jam
- Also, inspect the back panel
- Once done, load the paper tray
- Switch on the printer and see if the 5100 canon printer error is fixed or not.
Install the cartridges properly
- The correct positioning of the cartridges is crucial for working of the printers so if they are misplaced,
- Open the access door and check the positioning of the cartridges.
- Thereafter, remove them and fit them again properly to mitigate the issue.
Reset the printer
- Turn off the printer
- Then remove all the cables from the printer
- After that, let it rest for 10 minutes
- Thereafter, switch on the printer and check if the canon printer service error 5100 is fixed or not.
Clean the printer and the printing strip
- Open the printer and use a soft damp cloth, remove any debris and dust.
- Cleaning the printer shall fix the issue.
- In addition to that, you should regularly clean the printer to keep issues at bay.
- Also, clean the exterior of the printer
- Now, clean the printing strip. It is present behind the cartridges and is a crucial part of the printing process
Finally, check whether ink is smeared on the strip.
- If yes, then carefully clean it
- Thereafter, close the printer after cleaning.
- Now check if the issue remains.
The aforementioned steps shall help fix the 5100 error code in the Canon printer. However, in case you encounter any issues, please do not hesitate to contact the printer helpline number. We hope you find this article helpful.