Brother printers are one of the popular choices among users owing to their fine technology and affordability. However while using them, users encounter a message ” Brother Printer in Error State” which can hamper the printing operation. If you happen to encounter a similar issue and need assistance to resolve it, then you are in the right place.
Reasons why Brother Printer in Error State emerges?
Some of the common reasons why the brother printer in error state pops up are as follows:
- BIOS glitch
- A malware or virus attack
- Drivers get corrupted
- Connectivity issue
- Unfastened or loose wires or USB
- A glitch in system files
- The drivers are not updated
If you encounter this issue, don’t worry. Given below are some Brother printer troubleshooting steps that can help resolve this issue.
How to resolve Brother printer in error state?
Step 1: Check the power and printer connectivity to computer
The first and foremost step is to ensure your printer is getting an adequate power supply. Next, ensure the printer is well connected to the computer as well as is getting a strong Wi-Fi network.
Also Read: How To Fix Canon Printer Error b203
Step 2: Reconnect to the network
- If making use of a LAN cable, confirm whether the connection is firm.
- If using a wireless network, disconnect the printer and try to re-establish the connection.
- Turn off the printer and switch it on again to check whether the Brother printer error has disappeared.
Step 3: Resolve Parallel Port Settings
Usually, when Windows are updated, the parallel port settings can be altered resulting in this error. To fix the parallel port settings, do as follows:
- Navigate to Device Manager.
- Locate the parallel port settings.
- Double-click to open the properties tab.
- Select the Port Settings tab.
- Choose “Use any interrupt assigned to the port”
- Click Ok.
For instant solution you can dial our brother printer customer service number 817 442 6637.
Step 4: Check for any malicious software or virus
It is recommended to run a virus scan to tackle this error code. After the scan is completed, remove the virus or malware.
Step 5: Verify whether Printer Spooler is running
- Press Windows + R. In the command box type services.msc and press Enter.
- Navigate to Printer Spooler and tap on it.
- Ensure the setting is automatic and running.
- If not, try to alter it.
- Select the Recovery Tab and edit the first failure to “Restart the services“.
- Choose Apply and check whether the error has been resolved.
Step 6: Re-install the printer drivers
If nothing else works, try reinstalling the brother printer drivers.
- Visit the Control Panel, find the system file, uninstall the drivers.
- Download the printer drivers and install them. Adhere to the instructions displayed on the screen.
The above-mentioned steps shall resolve the error code. However, if any issue persists it is advisable to dial our printer customer service. Our team of experts work round the clock and are always ready to resolve all your printer related queries.