Table of Contents
If you are a Brother printer user, chances are you might have confronted the Brother printer default password issue. This blog talks in length about some understandable strategies to overhaul this issue.
We cannot deny how printers have become an indispensable part of our lives and in today’s fast-paced world, having a printer has become quintessential. The market is flooded with a myriad of printer brands, but one such incredible printer brand, that doesn’t need any introduction is Brother. Brother is a sought-after printer brand, time and again proving itself as a phenomenal printer company. Brother printers are instilled with robust technology and easy to use applicability, making it a popular brand among users.
Default Password for Brother printers
Usually, these details are available on the Brother printer:
- User Name
if you are a user, then the password and default password are as follows:
- User name: user
- Password: access
If you are the administrator then:
- Username: admin
- Password: access
How to change the Brother printer default password
To change the Brother printer default password you have to
- Open the internet browser
- In the search bar enter machine’s IP address
- Type the default password
- Select Administrator
- If you are unable to access Administrator, select Login Password. Choose the Type New password option and enter the new password.
- To confirm the new password, re-enter the new password
- Tap on Submit to save the new password.
Also Read: Why brother Printer Offline
How to change Brother default password to mitigate Brother printer login issue
One of the easiest ways to resolve various printer problems is by resetting the printer. Resetting the printer can be executed by navigating to the control panel on the printer or by changing the Brother printer default password. To edit the Brother printer default password, do as following:
- Remove all the connections of the printer except the power cable.
- Press the menu icon or settings icon.
- Select the LAN or network option.
- Pick Factory Reset or Network reset option.
- Press OK.
- Click on Reset followed by Yes.
- Voila, your password and printer are reset. Fasten all the removed connections and your printer shall start operating adequately.
Also Read: Download Brother Printer Drivers
How to access the Brother printer Wi-Fi password and reconnect to the network?
- If by any chance you have forgotten the wi-fi name or password, you could get hold of it on the backside of the modem.
- Navigate to the control panel console.
- Tap on the menu button.
- Select settings, followed by All Settings.
- Visit Networks and click Ok.
- Tap on Network reset and select Ok.
- Press 1 to choose it followed by repressing 1 to confirm it.
- This shall set the rebooting process.
- Press Ok 3 times to launch the setup wizard.
- Select the Wi-Fi network you are using.
- Type the Wi-Fi password. Press ok to confirm. Congrats, your Brother printer is connected to the wi-fi.
The above techniques shall resolve issues stemming from Brother default password. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact Brother printer customer service.